The Forbess Law Firm, P. A. is exclusively a criminal defense firm based in Jacksonville. We have devoted our entire practice and careers to representing the accused. Raymond Forbess has defended thousands of clients, prosecuted none. Our Jacksonville criminal attorneys have never worked one day to put someone in jail or prison, as former prosecutors have.
The most important factor in choosing a criminal defense attorney is trust. Total trust and confidence in your lawyer is of the utmost importance. We are aware that several other factors are interwoven into the immediate criminal problem. Obviously the first step is to get the accused out of jail if possible. The Forbess Law Firm, P. A. handles bond reductions on a daily basis. We strive to present the most complete picture of our client and we understand that any criminal arrest effects freedom, employment, health, family, finances, and future life and career options.
Our experienced Jacksonville criminal lawyers handle all aspects of a criminal case, from jail release to litigation to conducting a trial. We fight Illegal Arrests, False Allegations, Illegal Searches, Lying Witnesses, and Exaggerated Charges.
An attorney is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss the criminal matter with you. We represent the accused in all of Northeast Florida. That includes Jacksonville and counties such as Duval County and Clay County to Nassau County and St. Johns County. We do not charge for an initial consultation, regardless of location. We will meet you at the jail, in our Jacksonville office, or any other location convenient for you.
- DUI – Driving Under the Influence
- Domestic Battery / Violent Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Bond Reduction Hearings
- Probation Violations
- Firearm / Weapon / Gun Charges
- Juvenile Crimes
- Felony Violent Crimes
- Felony Theft
- Felony Driving on Suspended License
- Drug Crimes (Misdemeanor)
- Probation Modification
- Probation Termination
- Injunctions / Restraining Orders
- Misdemeanor Theft
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Criminal Mischief
- Disorderly Intoxication
- Traffic Violations
- Municipal Code Violations
- Expungement and Sealing of Criminal Records
Violent Crimes - Domestic Battery
Our client, V.N., was charged in Jacksonville with Domestic Battery, a first degree misdemeanor. He was accused of punching his wife in the back and face several times...
Violent Crimes - Gun Charges - Kidnapping, Aggravated Assault, Carrying a Concealed Firearm
Two of our clients, P.M. and D.C., and were charged in Jacksonville with Kidnapping, a first degree felony, Aggravated Assault, a third degree felony...
DUI - Driving Under the Influence
Our client, S.S., was on probation in Jacksonville for DUI and was arrested for another DUI, and was therefore also was also charged with Violation of Probation...
DUI - Driving Under the Influence
Our client, B.M., was charged with DUI in Jacksonville. The police said that he crossed over the marker lines for his lane and he ran off the roadway. He blew .105 and .102, over the .08 limit. The police said our client had watery, bloodshot eyes...
- ARRESTED ON 4TH DUI, A DEATH, INJURIES, 24 CHARGES…BUT IT TOOK 70 DAYS TO ARREST Blood Alcohol Level of .279, Crashed Doing 120 MPH in a 30 MPH Zone, Killed 12 Year Old Girl Stanley Jefson, of Jacksonville, prior to his latest arrest for the above incident, had three local
- THE BUSINESS END OF FLORIDA'S CIVIL COMMITMENT OF SEX OFFENDERS $20 Million Annual Contract to Hold 650 Men Florida has a facility tucked away in the small, nondescript town of Arcadia. Under Florida law, an inmate with a sexually violent past or a history of
- CLOSE ENOUGH FOR GOVERNMENT WORK AS CLAY COUNTY ARRESTS AND JAILS THE INNOCENT…..AGAIN “The Result Was The Wrong Person Was Accused of Crimes She Didn’t Commit” Those are the words and apparent logic of Clay County Sheriff Rick Beesler according to an article in
- AUTO BURGLARIES RISE AS SCHOOL LETS OUT “Car Hopping” Becomes More Prevalent in Early Summer According to an article in News4Jax.com, the crime of auto burglary, or as Florida law labels it, “burglary to a
- COURT ORDERED DRUG TREATMENT The Poor Man’s Route to Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation We are all quite familiar with drug and alcohol problems. When the wealthy announce one of theirs has a problem, one envisions the addict