The Forbess Law Firm, P. A. is exclusively a criminal defense firm based in Jacksonville. We have devoted our entire practice and careers to representing the accused. Raymond Forbess has defended thousands of clients, prosecuted none. Our Jacksonville criminal attorneys have never worked one day to put someone in jail or prison, as former prosecutors have.
The most important factor in choosing a criminal defense attorney is trust. Total trust and confidence in your lawyer is of the utmost importance. We are aware that several other factors are interwoven into the immediate criminal problem. Obviously the first step is to get the accused out of jail if possible. The Forbess Law Firm, P. A. handles bond reductions on a daily basis. We strive to present the most complete picture of our client and we understand that any criminal arrest effects freedom, employment, health, family, finances, and future life and career options.
Our experienced Jacksonville criminal lawyers handle all aspects of a criminal case, from jail release to litigation to conducting a trial. We fight Illegal Arrests, False Allegations, Illegal Searches, Lying Witnesses, and Exaggerated Charges.
An attorney is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss the criminal matter with you. We represent the accused in all of Northeast Florida. That includes Jacksonville and counties such as Duval County and Clay County to Nassau County and St. Johns County. We do not charge for an initial consultation, regardless of location. We will meet you at the jail, in our Jacksonville office, or any other location convenient for you.
- DUI – Driving Under the Influence
- Domestic Battery / Violent Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Bond Reduction Hearings
- Probation Violations
- Firearm / Weapon / Gun Charges
- Juvenile Crimes
- Felony Violent Crimes
- Felony Theft
- Felony Driving on Suspended License
- Drug Crimes (Misdemeanor)
- Probation Modification
- Probation Termination
- Injunctions / Restraining Orders
- Misdemeanor Theft
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Criminal Mischief
- Disorderly Intoxication
- Traffic Violations
- Municipal Code Violations
- Expungement and Sealing of Criminal Records
- Practice Area
Violent Crimes - Domestic Battery
Our client, V.N., was charged in Jacksonville with Domestic Battery, a first degree misdemeanor. He was accused of punching his wife in the back and face several times...
Violent Crimes - Gun Charges - Kidnapping, Aggravated Assault, Carrying a Concealed Firearm
Two of our clients, P.M. and D.C., and were charged in Jacksonville with Kidnapping, a first degree felony, Aggravated Assault, a third degree felony...
DUI - Driving Under the Influence
Our client, S.S., was on probation in Jacksonville for DUI and was arrested for another DUI, and was therefore also was also charged with Violation of Probation...
DUI - Driving Under the Influence
Our client, B.M., was charged with DUI in Jacksonville. The police said that he crossed over the marker lines for his lane and he ran off the roadway. He blew .105 and .102, over the .08 limit. The police said our client had watery, bloodshot eyes...
- FLORIDA CONVICTS POT SMOKERS, COLORADO TAXES THEM Colorado and Washington Legalized a Plant The above two states are our nation’s first two states to legalize the recreational use of marijuana. Possession of the plant is still a crime under
- FLORIDA SEEKS TO CASTRATE SEX OFFENDER Florida Laws are Tough on Sex Offenders Florida residents, through their elected officials, have enacted some of the nation’s toughest penalties for those convicted of sex crimes. According to
- Florida Kills Child Rapist and Murderer of Jimmy Ryce Executed Over 18 Years Later Juan Carlos Chavez was executed February 12, 2014, by the Florida Department of Corrections. He was convicted in the fall of 1998 for the kidnapping, capital sexual
- Retired Jacksonville Sheriffs Officer Arrested Again For Sex Crime Retired Jacksonville Corrections Officer Gregory Kazon Fields, according to the Florida Times Union, was recently arrested for lewd and lascivious battery against someone younger than sixteen.
- Jacksonville Teenager Arrested For Stabbing Attacker Earlier this month, according to NEWS4JAX, a Jacksonville high school student was arrested and sent to the juvenile detention facility for stabbing a fellow student. This incident occurred at Wolfson