The Forbess Law Firm, P. A. is exclusively a criminal defense firm based in Jacksonville. We have devoted our entire practice and careers to representing the accused. Raymond Forbess has defended thousands of clients, prosecuted none. Our Jacksonville criminal attorneys have never worked one day to put someone in jail or prison, as former prosecutors have.
The most important factor in choosing a criminal defense attorney is trust. Total trust and confidence in your lawyer is of the utmost importance. We are aware that several other factors are interwoven into the immediate criminal problem. Obviously the first step is to get the accused out of jail if possible. The Forbess Law Firm, P. A. handles bond reductions on a daily basis. We strive to present the most complete picture of our client and we understand that any criminal arrest effects freedom, employment, health, family, finances, and future life and career options.
Our experienced Jacksonville criminal lawyers handle all aspects of a criminal case, from jail release to litigation to conducting a trial. We fight Illegal Arrests, False Allegations, Illegal Searches, Lying Witnesses, and Exaggerated Charges.
An attorney is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss the criminal matter with you. We represent the accused in all of Northeast Florida. That includes Jacksonville and counties such as Duval County and Clay County to Nassau County and St. Johns County. We do not charge for an initial consultation, regardless of location. We will meet you at the jail, in our Jacksonville office, or any other location convenient for you.
- DUI – Driving Under the Influence
- Domestic Battery / Violent Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Bond Reduction Hearings
- Probation Violations
- Firearm / Weapon / Gun Charges
- Juvenile Crimes
- Felony Violent Crimes
- Felony Theft
- Felony Driving on Suspended License
- Drug Crimes (Misdemeanor)
- Probation Modification
- Probation Termination
- Injunctions / Restraining Orders
- Misdemeanor Theft
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Criminal Mischief
- Disorderly Intoxication
- Traffic Violations
- Municipal Code Violations
- Expungement and Sealing of Criminal Records
- Practice Area
Violent Crimes - Domestic Battery
Our client, V.N., was charged in Jacksonville with Domestic Battery, a first degree misdemeanor. He was accused of punching his wife in the back and face several times...
Violent Crimes - Gun Charges - Kidnapping, Aggravated Assault, Carrying a Concealed Firearm
Two of our clients, P.M. and D.C., and were charged in Jacksonville with Kidnapping, a first degree felony, Aggravated Assault, a third degree felony...
DUI - Driving Under the Influence
Our client, S.S., was on probation in Jacksonville for DUI and was arrested for another DUI, and was therefore also was also charged with Violation of Probation...
DUI - Driving Under the Influence
Our client, B.M., was charged with DUI in Jacksonville. The police said that he crossed over the marker lines for his lane and he ran off the roadway. He blew .105 and .102, over the .08 limit. The police said our client had watery, bloodshot eyes...
- Florida Crime Report: Dropping Crime Rates But Increasing Prison Population Last week, a story by FloridaWatchdog.org was released, detailing the interesting fact that, despite a decrease in crime rates, prison population numbers were actually increasing. The Watchdog story ....
- Tampa Bay Couple Caught After Year-Long Bank Robbery Spree Just last week, a couple from Tampa Bay was apprehended and charged in federal court for charges stemming from the couple’s year-long bank robbery spree. According to a report by WPTV.com, the couple ....
- Juror Removed in Jacksonville Murder Trial Last week, the trial of a man charged with the murder of his neighbor began in a Onslow County Superior Court. According to a report by JDNews.com, the prosecution has alleged that the man murdered ....
- Broken Tail Light Leads to Drug Bust in Fort Walton Beach Earlier this week, a woman was pulled over for having a tail light out and, after searching the car, police seized a quantity of drugs. According to a report by NWFDailynews.com, the woman was driving ....
- Couple Arrested After Alleged Multi-State Crime Spree Earlier this week, a 22-year old man and a juvenile female were arrested by police in relation to an overnight crime spree that started in Flagler County and ended in Hardeeville, South Carolina. ....